This Week’s Bachelorette News: Equitan in the Spotlight


It’s been a juicy couple of weeks for Bachelorette fans all over the world, and with only ten roses remaining, it’s going to be a battle for the remaining men to capture the woman of their dreams. In case you haven’t been following, this year’s bachelorette is the seneschal's wife. A beautiful woman, coveted by numerous men and so mysterious that she doesn’t even have a real name ... edgy. We started out with 30 men and are now down to a mere 12. Once it gets to the final four, the seneschal's wife will accompany each one of them to his hometown, where she gets to meet his family and closest friends. After this, one is eliminated, leaving three, who are taken to an exotic location for one-on-one dates. After each one of these the seneschal's wife will offer the suitor the key to the fantasy suite, where they will get to spend the night together. Finally, the seneschal's wife will eliminate one more man. For the final selection, both men will propose to her and she will get to choose which one she wants to marry.

        We’ve had a very interesting week, with many of the men expressing their love for the bachelorette. One suitor in particular, Equitan, has been putting himself on the line for the seneschal's wife. Although he has only interacted with her on group dates, he claims he has felt a special connection to her. Equitan has even said he’s in love with her! Generally, on the Bachelorette, the men don’t reveal that they are falling in love until the last couple of episodes. Equitan is doing something extremely bold.

Chris Harrison, the Bachelorette’s host conducts an interview with Equitan:
Chris: “Equitan, can you explain your intense feeling of affection for the seneschal's wife?”
Equitan: “Absolutely Chris. I’d heard before I came on the show all about the seneschal's wife, her luscious blonde hair, her rosy complexion, and her beautiful body and features. She was someone who everyone spoke very highly of and I needed to see her as quickly as possible.”
Chris: “Wow, you must really be falling for her. But let me ask you, Equitan, are you here for the right reasons? It seems as if you are in love with the idea of her. I mean you said yourself that you already had intense feelings for the seneschal's wife without actually having met her before.”
Equitan: “Chris, I can tell you right now that I am definitely here for the right reasons and we both deserve love. I’m not really concerned with the timeline of my love. Once I feel something, I know it and I’m going to fight for the seneschal’s wife no matter what.”
Chris: “That was really touching, Equitan. I hope everything works out for you and I wish you the best of luck.”
        Equitan’s story is quite analogous to that of Siegfried, who ended marrying the Bachelorette of two seasons ago, Kriemhild. Many people, including Siegfried's family, were very concerned with the idea of him chasing after a woman he barely knew. One of the most memorable quotes of all of Bachelorette history was spoken during that season. Here’s a quick reminder: “Dear father, if I can’t follow my heart and win the woman I love, then I relinquish the love of all other women for all time. Nothing that you or anyone else could say would keep me from realizing my dream.” Ugh, it makes you tear up every time you read it. Equitan should learn from Siegfried in this way. Siegfried put his heart out on the line, risked everything (even support from his family and friends) to find love. It is also important to note the power that the seneschals’s wife has and that Kriemhild once had. They choose the victor of the show, who they will then spend the rest of their lives with. The show is run by the Bachelorette-- she is the controlling force behind each of the men, thus the power dynamic favors her.
We’ll keep you updated on all things Bachelorette—especially this story between Equitan and the seneschal's wife. Hopefully, they both end up with the right person and find love. In next week’s issue we will be discussing the background of the seneschal's wife in more depth. With visits to each of the remaining four suitors’ hometowns creeping up, we will be interviewing the Bachelorette and asking about her family. If you saw the sneak peak of this week’s upcoming episode, you’ll have seen that the seneschal himself makes an appearance. Uh oh, ladies and gentleman-- things might get a little heated next week! Does the seneschal's wife have history we don’t know about? Is she still married? Is she keeping secrets? All of this will be answered in next week’s issue, so stay tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts